Shopee Product Titles: Should You Write for the Consumer or the Algorithm? – by Word Philocaly
As an Shopee seller, you’re faced with a dilemma when it comes to writing product titles: Do you write for the consumer or the algorithm? In this article, we’ll explore the best practices for writing product titles that will satisfy both the consumer and the Shopee algorithm. (Don’t forget to read our latest article on how to write the best product description on Shopee or Lazada.)
What is the Shopee algorithm?
First, let’s talk about the Shopee algorithm. The Shopee algorithm is a set of rules that determine how products are ranked and displayed on the Shopee search results page. The algorithm takes into account a variety of factors, including product title, description, keywords, and customer reviews. It’s important to optimize your product title to satisfy the algorithm, as this will increase your product’s visibility and sales.
Writing for the consumer
When it comes to writing product titles, the consumer should always be your primary focus. Your product title should be clear, concise, and descriptive, giving the consumer a good idea of what your product is and what it does. Consumers should be able to understand your product title without having to read the entire product description.
For example, if you’re selling a water bottle, a good product title might be “Reusable Water Bottle with Leak-Proof Cap”. This title is clear, concise, and describes the product’s most important features.
- Ingredients of Great Content: What Makes Content Great
- How to Write a Winning Construction Tender Cover Letter
- How Annual Report Writing Services Can Help Improve a Company’s Image in Malaysia
Writing for the algorithm
While it’s important to write for the consumer, it’s also important to optimize your product title for the Shopee algorithm. This means including relevant keywords in your title to increase the chances of your product being found by potential customers. However, it’s important not to stuff your title with keywords, as this can be seen as spammy and can hurt your product’s visibility.
For example, if you’re selling a reusable water bottle, relevant keywords might include “eco-friendly”, “BPA-free”, and “sustainable”. However, you should only include these keywords if they accurately describe your product and its features.
Finding the right balance
So, how do you find the right balance between writing for the consumer and the algorithm? The key is to write a product title that is both descriptive and optimized for search. This means including relevant keywords while still making the title clear and easy to understand for the consumer.
Here are some tips for finding the right balance:
- Focus on the most important features of your product
- Include relevant keywords, but don’t overdo it
- Keep your title clear and concise
- Use language that your target audience will understand
- Test different variations of your title to see what works best
When it comes to writing Shopee product titles, it’s important to find the right balance between writing for the consumer and the algorithm. By focusing on the most important features of your product, including relevant keywords, and keeping your title clear and concise, you can optimize your product title for both the consumer and the algorithm.
Remember to test different variations of your title to see what works best, and you’ll be on your way to increasing your product’s visibility and sales on Shopee.
Let’s Talk So That We can Help You Become the Best Seller at Shopee
Looking to improve your product titles, descriptions, and SEO strategy? Let our team of copywriting experts help you! Contact us today to take advantage of our industry expertise and get the most out of your product listings. Don’t let your competition get ahead, work with us to optimize your content and drive more sales. Click here to learn more and get started.
Frequently Asked Questions about Word Philocaly’s Product Title and Description Copywriting Services
- What kind of businesses do you provide product title and description copywriting services for?
We provide our copywriting services for all kinds of businesses, ranging from small startups to large corporations, across various industries such as e-commerce, retail, technology, and more.
- How do you ensure that the product titles and descriptions you write are optimized for search engines?
Our team of expert copywriters uses a combination of SEO research and industry knowledge to craft titles and descriptions that are optimized for search engines, while still being compelling and informative for consumers.
- Can you write product titles and descriptions in multiple languages?
Yes, we have a team of multilingual copywriters who can write product titles and descriptions in various languages based on the needs of our clients.
- How do you ensure that the product titles and descriptions you write accurately represent our products?
Before we begin writing, we conduct thorough research on your products, industry, and competitors to ensure that we have a comprehensive understanding of your offerings. We also work closely with our clients to gather any additional information or insights that may be necessary.
- How long does it take to complete a product title and description project?
The timeline for completing a project varies depending on the scope and complexity of the project. However, we always work closely with our clients to establish realistic timelines and deliverables.
- Can you provide samples of product titles and descriptions that you have written in the past?
Yes, we are happy to provide samples of our work upon request. Please reach out to us to discuss your specific needs and request samples that are relevant to your industry or products.
More Helpful Articles:
- What is a Resume Writer? How to Optimize Your Resume?
- 3 Storytelling in Copywriting (and 1 Bonus Tip!) to Create CONTENT That Sells
- 10 Powerful Branding Insights for Businesses on the Move
- How to Choose the Best Annual Report Writing Service in Malaysia?
- How to Write an Executive Summary for an Annual Report